Most homeowners don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or before it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to understand exactly how it keeps your food cool—and United Lynn Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn everything you might need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s time to hire refrigerator repair Lynn.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the best temperature, to reduce rotting and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the interior of the unit to the outside, by relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call United Lynn Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is not working.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the heat absorbed within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located on the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth held within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
The moment the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Lynn for repair right after an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and the next cool down starts. The unit collects the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the home and transforms to a liquified form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues its trip to the evaporator, pushing through the coils in the inside of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from inside the refrigerator, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The liquid then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting warmth from a single place and then distributing it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your home, provides a optimal space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule service with United Lynn Appliance Repair.
United Lynn Appliance Repair is able to service nearly all standard brands of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our repairman in Lynn undergo training to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart technology and numerous other problems. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working